KEY INFO & FAQs
To ensure you make the most of your time at Junction 2 in Boston Manor Park on Saturday 4th June 2016 here is all you need to know.
Boston Manor Park, TW8 9JJ.
Driving is not advised as there is NO parking anywhere near the venue and we don’t want you clogging up residential roads and parking spaces.
Travelling by public transport is the best way to get to site. To plan your journey on public transport head to https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/
- Nearest Tube Station – Boston Manor (11 minute walk / 0.6 miles) – Piccadilly Line
- Nearest Train Station – Brentford (8 min walk / 0.4 miles) – Trains go to Waterloo / Clapham / Vauxhall etc
- Last tube home from Boston Manor Park Station Eastbound is 00:01
- Last trains from Brentford to London Waterloo at 22:24, 22:54 & 23:34
- Bus: Get the E8 to Ealing Broadway in 16 minutes. Where you can pick up the dirstrict / circle line.
- Taxis – There will be a taxi rank.
OPENING & CLOSING TIMES
When arriving / leaving please be quiet and respectful, this is a lovely residential area and we would like to be invited back again. Please put litter in the bins provided and use the portable toilets and urinals provided along the route.
- This is a daytime event
- Gates open at 12.00pm (midday)
- All music finishes at 10.30pm
- Last entry is 8.00pm
TICKETING & ENTRY
- ID & scanning – All tickets will be checked and scanned on entry, please bring a valid form of ID. Everyone who enters the venue must be over 18. We operate a challenge 25 policy.
- Do I need to print my ticket? – We recommend bringing a printed copy of your ticket to speed up entry but having it on your phone is OK too.
- Official ticket outlets – Ticket Tannoy, Resident Advisor, Skiddle, Songkick, See Tickets, Ticketweb, Dice, AXS, Fatsoma, Yplan, XLR8R, Innercity, Ticketline, Ransom Note & Ticket Arena and a few selected physical ticket outlets.
- DO NOT buy from – Stubhub, Viagogo, Gumtree, Ebay or Event Brite (or similar 3rd party) as these could be scams or duplicates and you will get refused entry.
- Will there be tickets for sale on the door? – We advise buying in advance, however if there are any tickets left on sale you will be able to pay on the door by debit or credit card only.
- Admission policy – There is a strict ZERO tolerance drugs policy, full searches will be carried out before entry is granted, no refunds can be issued and we reserve the right to refuse admission. Searching is a condition of entry and we reserve the right to confiscate any item which may not be suitable for the event as well as a danger to others or the venue. Anyone found in possession of illegal substances or contraband goods will be refused admission, ejected from the venue and may also be liable for prosecution.
- Toilets on arrival & exit – In case you get caught short when on the way to or from our event please use the portaloos and urinals provided. Boston Manor station also has loos to use (with a charge of 20p). Please respect residents and don’t wee in the streets, in people’s gardens or on their doorsteps.
PAYMENT ON SITE
- We’ll be operating a token system.
- Bars will ONLY take tokens.
- Tokens can also be used for food, cigarettes, the glitter station, merchandise & lockers (you may need to top up the difference with cash though). You can buy tokens using cash or card.
- Cash can be used for food, cigarettes and the glitter station and there will be 4 cash machines on site.
- Bring cash to site anyway, just in case.
- Debit or credit cards can be used for merchandise and lockers.
- You can claim refunds til 10.30pm from the tokens desk.
- Please look after your tokens, we cannot accept responsibility for damaged, lost or stolen tokens.
- Key deposits – These are £10 and can be paid in cash. At the previous price of £5, too many people were walking off with keys and it was costing us more than £5 to replace them.
- Sizes – Lockers are £5.00 for a small one (30cm x 30cm x 30cm) and £7.50 for a large one (45cm x 30cm x 30cm). You can fit around 3-4 normal sized jackets in a small one. Bargain!
- Valuables & phones – Because you can access your stuff whenever you like using your own key, it is advisable to lock your mobile phone and wallet away rather than carrying in your bag or pocket, unfortunately pick pockets are yet again targeting London clubbers L
- On exit – There will be no queue to get your stuff out of your locker but there may be a very quick queue to get a refund for your key deposit.
- Food on the day will come from Market Grill, Made of Dough, Cosmic Caravan, Meatcure, Mini Bean, Croq and Balls.
- Most stalls will offer a vegetarian offer and there will be a vegan offer or two on the menus as well.
See the full offering here
- There will be LWE & Drumcode merchandise on sale at Junction 2
- This will consist of branded t-shirts, hoodies (with and without zips), sweaters, caps, straw trilby hats, ponchos and metal water bottles.
12:00 – 13:00 // Boxia
13:00 – 15:00 // Ida Engberg
15:00 – 16:00 // Carl Craig presents Modular Pursuits (live)
16:00 – 18:00 // Pan-Pot
18:00 – 20:00 // Alan Fitzpatrick
20:00 – 22:30 // Adam Beyer
The Hydra: electric minds 10
12:00 – 14:00 // Dolan Bergin
14:00 – 16:15 // Move D
16:15 – 17:45 // Mano Le Tough
17:45 – 18:45 // Mr. G (live)
18:45 – 20:30 // Âme (DJ)
20:30 – 22:30 // Dixon
13:00 – 15:00 // Scuba
15:00 – 18:00 // Marcel Dettman
18:00 – 20:00 // Dense & Pika
20:00 – 22:00 // Nina Kraviz
What happens if it rains?
With all of the stages being undercover, you don’t have to worry about getting wet whilst dancing! You might want to bring a jacket to be on the safe side. And if you get too hot they’ll be lockers to keep it safe in.
Is there first aid at the festival?
Yes there will be first aiders.
I need to bring in a prescription medication to the festival, is this possible?
Please email email@example.com and let us know your specific needs and we can see what is possible.
Where can I find out about lost property?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I find my way around the festival?
There will be signage to point you in the direction of the stages, toilets, bars, food stalls and more. We’ll also be producing a handout with a map.
Do local residents get a free or discounted ticket?
LWE would like to give something back, so we are giving away 25 pairs of tickets to local residents. If you live in a 1km radius from the park (see map below) you can enter the ‘ticket lottery’ with a chance of winning complimentary tickets to the festival. Please email email@example.com with the below details to be entered into the draw.
Proof of residence (this can be a picture / scan of a letter addressed to you or an official document):
Can we camp at Junction 2?
No – this is a non-camping event
Is there disabled access at Junction 2?
There are no stairs on site however there is a steep hill from the main stage back to the rest of the site which could prove tricky to navigate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your specific requirements and we can talk through the various scenarios.
What items are not allowed into the festival?
Aerosols, alcohol, any items that could be considered as a weapon, excessive amounts of cigarettes, fireworks or flares, glass, illegal substances, large umbrellas or flagpoles, legal highs, medication (unless cleared with us in advance), nitrous oxide, portable lasers or pens, smoke canisters, spray cans, thick pens (sharpies, permanent markers etc), reflective / high vis jackets.